We are looking for a WordPress Plugin Developer with 5+ years of experience and demonstrated success with developing and maintaining WordPress-based applications. This position will be working as part of an established development team and will play a key role in planning, developing, testing, deploying, and maintaining various components of a large platform. The successful candidate must have a strong background in full life cycle development and possess a solid working knowledge of IT concepts including databases, structures, software/application development, and testing techniques.
The position requires a collaborative and proactive person who can work well with those at all levels of the organization. To succeed in this role, you will need to excel in both team-oriented and individual contributions in the following areas: Designing, configuring, coding, testing, and deploying software applications. Additional responsibilities include the maintenance and support of applications including performance tuning, bug fixing, and end user support activities.
The position is located in Pittsburgh and will report directly to a senior development team member.
- 5+ years of real-world experience developing WordPress plugins
- Demonstrated success completing development projects for business applications
- Object-oriented design patterns
- Familiarity with REST architecture and OAuth 2.0 authentication
- Experience with:
- PHP 5.6 or greater
- Gutenberg block development
- WordPress REST API
- Basic MySQL queries/joins, etc.
- Working knowledge of version control systems (Git, Subversion)
- Ability to develop WordPress themes
- Working knowledge of test-driven development practices
- Work in a fast-paced development environment where you will see the results of your work immediately
- Opportunity to work with the latest cutting-edge technology
- Casual relaxed atmosphere with a results-driven mentality
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Paid vacation
- Salary is commensurate with experience